Adelaide Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Adelaide Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing adelaide.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Adelaide for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Adelaide?
Adelaide Galleries and Museums
Adelaide, located in the South of Australia, is a city that is known for its art, culture, and history. There are a plethora of galleries, museums, and historical sites in the city and its surroundings that showcase its diversities and stories. Here, we have listed a few such places that are worth visiting.
1. Art Gallery of South Australia: Located in the heart of Adelaide, this gallery is home to more than 45,000 works of art. It has an extensive collection of Australian art, European masters, and decorative arts. The gallery also has an impressive collection of Asian art and has a dedicated space for contemporary art. The Art Gallery of South Australia is open daily except for Christmas Day and Good Friday.
2. Samstag Museum of Art: Part of the University of South Australia, Samstag Museum of Art is a contemporary art museum located in Adelaide's Adelaide CBD. The museum focuses on promoting contemporary art and also hosts exhibitions showcasing the work of recent graduates. It is free to the public and open to visitors from Tuesday to Saturday.
1. South Australian Museum: Founded in 1856, the South Australian Museum is one of the oldest museums in Australia. It is home to more than 4 million artefacts and specimens that tell the story of the natural and cultural history of South Australia. The museum has galleries dedicated to Aboriginal culture, Australian megafauna, minerals, and fossils. The museum is open seven days a week except for Christmas Day and Good Friday.
2. Migration Museum: The Migration Museum is a museum that tells the story of the migration of people to South Australia. The museum has displays and exhibitions that showcase the experiences of migrants and their contributions to the development of South Australia. The museum is open from Monday to Friday, and entry is free.
1. Adelaide Gaol: Built-in 1841, the Adelaide Gaol is one of the oldest and most eerie buildings in Adelaide. It was used as a prison for more than 140 years and housed some notorious criminals. Today, the gaol has been turned into a museum that gives visitors a glimpse of what life was like behind bars. The gaol is open to the public from Wednesday to Sunday.
2. North Terrace cultural precinct: Located in the heart of Adelaide, the North Terrace cultural precinct is a stretch of road that is home to some of Adelaide's most significant institutions. The precinct includes South Australian Museum, Art Gallery of South Australia, State Library of South Australia, and Adelaide Botanic Garden, among others. Visitors can take a walk along the North Terrace and explore the diverse cultural offerings.
Adelaide has a rich history and culture that is reflected in its galleries, museums, and historical sites. From the Art Gallery of South Australia to the Adelaide Gaol, each venue showcases a unique aspect of the city's past and present. Visitors to Adelaide should take some time to explore these sites and delve into the city's diverse offerings.
Adelaide Galleries and Museums Articles