Adelaide Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Adelaide Community Directory!
We are developing adelaide.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Adelaide for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Adelaide?
Adelaide, the beautiful cosmopolitan city of South Australia, is known for more than just its scenic landscapes and stunning architecture. It is also home to a variety of community groups that strive to make a positive impact on the lives of its residents. From local charities and support organisations to cultural and educational groups, there is something for everyone.
Let's explore some of the best community groups in Adelaide and discover what makes them stand out.
Charitable and Support Groups
1. Catherine House - Catherine House is a charity that supports and empowers women experiencing homelessness, who are often affected by mental illness, physical health problems, and substance abuse. The organisation provides secure accommodation, support services, and programs to help women achieve independence and rebuild their lives.
2. Hutt Street Centre - Hutt Street Centre is a community service organisation that offers support and services to people experiencing homelessness and disadvantage. The centre provides a range of services including meals, clothing, healthcare, education, and employment support, to help individuals rebuild their lives and achieve sustainable outcomes.
3. Can:Do 4 Kids - Can:Do 4 Kids is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to children and young people who are blind, deaf or have sensory impairments, as well as children with developmental delays. The group offers a range of support services, including assessment and diagnosis, early intervention, and education and therapy programs, as well as support for families and carers.
Cultural and Educational Groups
4. The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra - The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra is South Australia's largest performing arts organisation, providing classical music performances and education programs. The group offers a range of concerts and events that showcase the works of local and international artists, as well as educational programs that aim to inspire the next generation of musicians.
5. Adelaide Film Festival - The Adelaide Film Festival is a biennial event that showcases contemporary films from Australia and beyond. The festival provides a platform for emerging filmmakers to exhibit their work, while also featuring a range of opportunities for audiences to engage with and learn about film production and theory.
6. The Adelaide Zoo - The Adelaide Zoo is a popular cultural and educational destination in the heart of the city. It is home to over 2,500 animals from over 250 species, including many rare and endangered animals from around the world. The zoo offers a range of educational programs and activities, including interactive learning experiences and behind-the-scenes tours.
Community and Social Groups
7. Rotary Club of Adelaide - The Rotary Club of Adelaide is part of a global network of people who seek to make a positive difference in their communities. The club provides opportunities for members to volunteer, fundraise, and engage in local projects that aim to improve the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable people. Rotary also offers a range of networking and social events, where members can connect with like-minded individuals and explore their shared passions.
8. COTA SA (Council on the Aging) - COTA SA is a community organisation that represents, advocates for, and serves older South Australians. The group provides a range of services, including information and advice, advocacy, and support services, as well as health and wellbeing programs and social events.
9. The Migrant Resource Centre - The Migrant Resource Centre is a community organisation that aims to support and empower migrants and refugees living in South Australia. The centre provides a range of services, including settlement support, community development, and multicultural education and training programs, as well as social events and activities that promote intercultural exchange and understanding.
there are many incredible community groups in Adelaide that make a positive difference in the lives of South Australians every day. Whether you are looking for a way to give back to your local community, engage in cultural and educational activities, or connect with like-minded individuals, there is a group out there for you.
If you want to learn more about any of these organisations or want to get involved, please reach out to them directly. Contact details can be found on their respective websites, and they would be happy to hear from you.
Adelaide Community Articles